Friday, September 21, 2012

Homey or Homie?






You can take the girl out of the "hood" but you can never take the "hood" out of the girl.

Hello Friends!
Happy Friday!

I subscribe to a number of blogs and one of them is a teaching blog.

Here is what I read :

I saw it and it didn't make sense to me, as my mind read it, "Make it HOMIE with Flowers".
The post is below...



I do not have a green thumb.
In fact, I don't "do nature" as a general rule.
But, I love the splash of color and touch of home that plants and flowers provide. This is a great time of year to add them to your classroom because its "mums season" and they are cheap, colorful and hardy.



I had a good little laugh at myself.

When I read "Homey", I thought it really said, 
"HOMIE",
which in Montebello (where I grew up)
it meant "friend",
"confidant",
"sidekick",
or
"buddy".

My "filter" sometimes gets in the way of how I see things.

I grew up in what I lovingly call, "The Hood".

It wasn't a bad neighborhood at all, and
I did learn a lot about the Mexican culture,
and even had a pinata for a few of my birthdays.
I loved my childhood.


Where does YOUR filter get in the way?

How does your filter affect the way you see things?

For example,
many of us look at God in similar ways we saw our own father.

My dad was a big man,
SUPER loving,
SUPER supportive,
SUPER forgiving,
but when you got him mad,
he was
SUPER ANGRY!

When I was little, if I disobeyed Dad, I would be spanked.
He was firm, yet loving.

We had alot of respect for my dad and really,
what I think he wanted most was
love,
respect
and
a relationship with him.

God wants that from us, too.
Love, honor and most of all
a relationship.

Luckily, my filter had one image of "my father" that positively affected my relationship with my
Heavenly Father.

Don't let your filter get in the way of your relationship with our
creator, God.

No matter what kind of relationship you had with your father,
Jesus Christ
loves you and more than you'll ever know!



New Living Translation (©2007)
And may you have the power to understand, as all God's people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is.  

Ephesians 3:18
How does your FILTER affect the way you see God?
Positively, negatively?


Have a wonderful weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I LOVE happy, healthy, sparkly comments!