Friday, January 25, 2013

Fit, Fabulous 40's Friday!


Today, I thought I would share a little about what I eat, 
and the journey I have been on and continue to be on, regarding nutrition.

I am NOT a nutritionist. 
I am an encourager, your personal cheer-leader and coach, 
and I'm just sharing what has worked for me, 
hoping that it will give you some sort of comfort knowing that most fit people 
really work at it.

I look at becoming "fit"similar to working towards a degree, or certification.
It is a process of consistently taking baby steps.




Remember "What About Bob?"
Bill Murray was great in this movie portraying someone with a ton of issues- 
he's neurotic.
I loved this movie because ALL of us have some issues
and 
we can empathize with Bob.
( I do have a few....hundred)

I think most of us really want to work on
"our stuff",
sometimes we just aren't sure how.


You must work towards becoming fit or healthy.
 Little by little, chipping away day by day, week by week, year by year.
It came slowly for me,
as I shared here,
but it came!

I had to start looking at how I was using food.
Not just for nourishment,
but for friendship, when I was feeling lonely or bored,
for comfort, when I was nervous,
and for protection, when I was fearful.


I also ate whatever I wanted, when I wanted,
and let's face it,
bad carbs taste the best!

The cool thing about my relationship w/ Jesus,
is that instead of going to food for comfort,
I can go to God.

2 Corinthians 1:3
 "Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort"


Baby Steps:
Let's start with three Simple Things

1. Correct Portions
How much?

2. BETTER choices.


3. Eat a portion of PROTEIN and a portion of CARBS at every meal/snack.
Eat ever 2-3 hours.



Start today-
I already wrote about your food journal here,
BE AWARE of what you are eating,
BE ACCOUNTABLE to yourself,
and
BE AWESOME!!!

Are you a pretty good eater?
What are some ways you want to improve your nutrition this year?


4 comments:

  1. This was a great informative post, Janet. And yes, I also loved the movie "What About Bob?" It was good to laugh at the few...hundred...*issues* I have!

    To answer your questions:

    Are you a pretty good eater? Yes, I'm a great eater - I just don't eat all that good!! HA! Sometimes I'm not hungry at all, and then other times I just go nuts eating (or at least craving) the really BAD. STUFF.

    What are some ways you want to improve your nutrition this year?
    Definitely want to up the intake of fruits and vegetables. Once I get that kitchen of mine done, I plan to pull out the juicer the boys got me a while back. I plan to add nutritious *smoothies* to my diet.

    You're a great cheerleader, by the way.

    GOD BLESS!


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharon,
      Great idea taking in more fruits and veggies! So good for you- pull out the juicer and put it into the bathroom! Don't wait for the kitchen to be done, start adding those smoothies, ASAP! I love you and need you around for as long as possible!
      love you!!

      Delete
  2. Hello again!! Yes I agree with Sharon very informative!! Well, am I a pretty good eater? I'm beginning my journey towards health, accidentally happened with running, I am finding that the more I'm running I need more ENERGY!! So, I appreciate any information on nutrition they are like nuggets of gold to my eating..mmm! and I love to eat!! I'm beginning to cook with more natural products and organic fruits and veggies, I am also currently taking private classes with a Health Coach to help me learn how to make and how to use food for energy. I've been truly enjoying it!! I'm hoping to put a cooking party together with the Chef and inviting friends over to learn and cook together. I will send you an invite as soon as I have a date. Keep your nutritional info coming!! luv ya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sophia- so awesome about your Health Coach! Cant' wait to go to your cooking party as long as it is healthy!
      Your running is turning into something really spectacular!
      Keep it up!!
      Janet

      Delete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I LOVE happy, healthy, sparkly comments!